Thanksgiving Holiday Hours
All Timber Lane Pediatrics offices will be closed on Thursday, November 25th for Thanksgiving. As always, for urgent issues that cannot wait, you can reach the on-call nurse triage line and the doctor on call by calling the office.
On Friday, November 26th, our South Burlington office will be open for illness and newborn visits only. The Milton and Burlington offices will be closed.
We will be open for our regular weekend hours at South Burlington on Saturday, November 27th and Sunday, November 28th.
THE PFIZER COVID VACCINE HAS NOW BEEN APPROVED FOR AGES 5-11!
You can now schedule your child for a Covid vaccine at our office or through the VT Department of Health. We are excited to be able to vaccinate our 5-11 year old patients!
To schedule a vaccine appointment at Timber Lane Pediatrics, log on to your child's patient portal by clicking on the yellow portal button on our homepage.
To schedule a vaccine appointment at a Vermont Department of Health clinic or pharmacy, click here.
Please keep a few key things in mind when scheduling:
- -These appointments are for Covid vaccine only.
- -If your child already has an appointment through the state, we encourage you to keep that appointment since our supply is limited. If you do choose to schedule with us, please cancel your appointment with the state so another child can be vaccinated.
- -If your child has had a Covid exposure at school but is asymptomatic, your child can still be vaccinated.
- -If your child has had a household Covid exposure and is in quarantine, please do not schedule an appointment until your child has tested negative and has finished quarantine.
- -If our schedules fill up, don’t worry! We will release more appointments as we receive more vaccines and will keep you updated on our website and social media pages.
Our Burlington office has moved!
As of Monday, October 4th, our Burlington office is now located across the Hannaford shopping center. Our bigger and improved new office is at the very end of the shopping plaza, next to Snap Fitness in Suite 1. Our phone numbers are the same. We look forward to seeing you in our new space!
Welcome to our new provider, Gussie Logan!
We are excited to announce that Gussie Logan will be joining our teams at North Avenue and South Burlington on November 1. Gussie is a native Vermonter and family nurse practitioner who worked with Timber Lane Pediatrics in the past and we are thrilled to welcome her back. You can read more about Gussie on our providers page.
Covid Vaccines Now Available for Ages 12 and Up!
If you have general questions about the Covid vaccine for your child or yourself, check out these wonderful resources:
1) An FAQ for parents from the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) here.
2) Vaccine information from Dr. Paul Offit and the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, which you can access here.
Dr. Barb Kennedy Retires and Timber Lane Pediatrics Welcomes Dr. Patrick Duff
This July, Dr. Kennedy retired from pediatric practice. She has been a guiding force at Timber Lane Pediatrics for 27 years! We will miss her dearly but wish her a relaxing retirement. Dr. Kennedy has written a letter to her patients you can find here.
Also this July, Timber Lane Pediatrics welcomed our newest physician, Dr. Patrick Duff. Dr. Duff completed his training locally at UVM. He will be working at our South Burlington office and is excited to see patients of all ages.
You can find more information about Dr. Duff here. Welcome, Dr. Duff!
How Do I Talk to My Child About Racial Bias and Recent Protests?
Here are two valuable articles on how to start and continue meaningful conversations with your children about racial bias and the recent protests sweeping the country. First, advice from the American Academy of Pediatrics, "Talking to Children About Racial Bias." Second, a timely article from the New York Times, "Talking to Kids About Racism, Early and Often."